The Patient Financial Services Department (Business Office) provides a wide range of services to customers who have received care at our hospital, clinic, or long term care facility. In addition to billing insurance carriers (Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial Insurances) or the person responsible for the bill, the Patient Financial Services staff at Pioneers Medical Center will also assist patients with their questions and help them to solve general and specific payment and billing related issues.
At Pioneers Medical Center we recognize that receiving and settling your bill can be a complex process. Our Patient Financial Services team is here to help you navigate through the process to help you understand your bill(s), insurance coverage, and payment options.
Patient Accounting and Billing Services
As a courtesy to our customers, Pioneers Medical Center will bill your insurance directly if you provide complete and accurate information in a timely manner.
Co-pays or deductibles are due at the time of your service.
Depending on the type of care rendered, you may receive more than one bill: one for the professional services of the physician and one for the facility charge. Pioneers Medical Center contracts with several outside agencies to provide the most comprehensive care to our patients. Therefore, you may receive bills directly from those agencies such as Mountain Radiology PC, Valley View Hospital, and Meeker Fire & Rescue District. Please contact them directly with questions.
We encourage you to stay involved with your insurance company to ensure your claim is paid.
We accept most insurances including the following:
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Medicaid (Colorado)
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- United Healthcare
This is not an all-inclusive list and is subject to change. Please verify coverage before receiving services.
For emergent care you may be asked to pay the estimated amount due upon discharge.
Following insurance settlement, you will be responsible for any remaining balance.
Are you Uninsured or Self-Pay?
Pioneers Medical Center offers a Prompt Pay Discount. You may receive a 15% discount off your total charges if paid at the time of your service or within 30 days of your first billing statement. This discount is available if you do NOT have insurance and are NOT eligible for Medicaid or our Financial Assistance Program.
What if I don’t have insurance or I have a balance after insurance has paid?
The team at Pioneers will do their best to work with you. You can pay Pioneers Medical Center by cash, check, or credit card.
A patient account representative can assist you in setting up a payment plan or help you apply for financial assistance if you are eligible. Pioneers Medical Center has policies in place to provide financial assistance (charity care) to patients who are uninsured, under-insured, ineligible for Medicaid or meet specific criteria. We invite you to review our Patient Financial Assistance policy in English or in Spanish (Programa de Asistencia Financiera en Espanol).
Pioneers Payment Programs
- Pioneers Payment Plan—You may request your balance to be set up on a 4-, 6-, or 12—month, in-house payment plan. This program is NOT eligible for the Prompt Pay Discount. Plans will be established for balances after insurance has been paid. Payment plans may be established for a minimum of $50 payment per month up to 12 months maximum.
- “MYLOANS” Payment Plan—If you would like to take more than 12 months to pay your bill, you may establish a plan with MyLoans. This plan allows you to set your own monthly payment (minimum of $20/per month) with a repayment of up to 60 months (5 years). You may consolidate and /or refinance your medical balance if necessary. Minimum balance that can be financed is $250. There are no applications to complete and all patients qualify. Simple interest applies. If you have any questions or are interested in enrolling in the MYLOANS program, please contact a Pioneers Medical Center Account Representative by calling (970)878-9792.
- Medicaid—We encourage our self-pay patients to stop in and visit with our financial counselor to determine if they might qualify for Colorado Medicaid. As a Certified Application Assistant Site, we can help you online in the office or help you complete the paper application and verify the appropriate documents. The applications are available in both English and Spanish. You can also apply for Medicaid online in the convenience of your own home. If you are applying online for Medicaid and do not qualify, the PEAK (Program Eligibility and Application Kit) system will transfer you to the Connect for Health Colorado website where you can apply for insurance and take advantage of the tax credits.
Pioneers appreciates prompt pay. However, A-1 Collection Agency may contact you if your bill is not paid in full within 120 days of your first billing statement (after insurance has settle) or if a payment plan has not been established and complied with. A-1 Collection Agency does report to the credit bureaus. We encourage you to work with us to avoid having your accounts sent to the collection agency.
If you get a bill you do not understand or may believe to be incorrect, please contact our PFS Department.
|Hospital Billing Issues and Questions||970-878-9723|
|Clinic Billing Issues||970-878-9287|
|Walbridge Wing Billing Issues||970-878-9723|
|General Issues and Problems||970-878-9273|
Pioneers Medical Center strives to make this process as pleasant as possible. Please call and give us the opportunity to work with you to resolve any issues you may have with your account.
Additional Phone Numbers
|Pioneers Medical Center Main Phone||970-878-5047|
|Meeker Family Health Center||970-878-4014|
|A-1 Collection Agency||800-437-2831 or 970-241-2075|