The team at Pioneers Medical Center takes COVID-19 very seriously and are taking measures to protect us all.
Pioneers Launches Telehealth Service
To help our patients stay at home Pioneers has launched a new Telehealth service. This service is a video conferencing program that can be done on your cell phone, iPad or computer.
Why should you use telehealth?
- Telehealth can reduce your risk of getting sick by limiting your
exposure to others.
- Telehealth can help you get medical advice faster.
By using telehealth, you help keep hospital resources available for people who are seriously ill. You are also potentially limiting the spread of COVID-19 in your community.
The consultation can be used for a range of care options, such as non- respiratory illness or acute visits, Medication Refills, Disease Management, Behavioral Health, Workman’s Comp, and established OB visits.
It is simple to use and takes a few steps to get started:
- Call Meeker Family Health Center at 970-878-4014. You will make an appointment and your Medical Assistant will help you receive a link for you to use at your designated appointment time.
- At your appointment time
- Connect to the Check in link and verify information (demographics, insurance, co-pay)
- You will be placed in a “waiting room” and when the provider is ready you will receive a link to join the call.
Does my insurance cover telehealth visits? In Colorado, telehealth is covered by all insurance plans. To learn more, contact your insurance company directly. Telehealth visits cost the same as an in-person visit for Medicaid and Medicare patients.
- Resource Call Line Available Monday through Friday. Pioneers Resource Line– 970-878-9796—Pioneers Medical Center and Meeker Family Health Center have launched a resource line to help give you more information about COVID-19 symptoms. From the resource line, we can help you decide when to contact your doctor, visit the PMC Respiratory Clinic or set up a telehealth visit.You will hear a short pre-recorded message. Simply press 1 and you will be connected to a real person and you will receive a consultation to understand your symptoms and determine possible care options for you. The Resource Line is available Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.Pioneers is here for you! You can seek medical care through a variety of options: COVID-19 Resource Line, telehealth conference with a PMC Provider, the PMC Respiratory Clinic or in case of an emergency, our Emergency Department is here 24/7.
- We have a drive through Respiratory Clinic available for illnesses such as sore throat, runny nose, fever, sinus pressure, ear aches, etc. Weekdays from 1-4 p.m. Please visit our Respiratory Clinic page for more information.This is NOT a COVID testing site.
- Pioneers Emergency Department is open 24/7, if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms such as shortness of breath and unmanageable fever please call our Emergency Department, before you come to the ER.
- Or Call 911 if in Respiratory Distress. Seek prompt medical attention if your illness is worsening (e.g., difficulty breathing) Please tell dispatch that you are experiencing COVID-type symptoms.
- If you are experiencing non-life threatening symptoms, please contact Meeker Family Health center at 970-878-4014, during normal business hours.
Pioneers and Meeker Family Health Center remain open.
- Physical Therapy continues to see therapy patients.
- Are you needing a copy of your medical records? Please call Tammy McCann at 970-878-9267.
- Are you trying to pay a bill? The Pioneers Patient Financial Services is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 970-878-9792. At this time we recommend calling before coming on site to Pioneers to pay a bill.
- Ask for Jasmine Mlakar (970-878-9792). We can take credit/debit cards, or E-checks over the phone.
- If you are registered in the Patient Portal you can pay on line at https://15970.portal.athenahealth.com/
- If you insist on paying your bill on-site at Pioneers PLEASE call Jasmine Mlaker first.
We need your help. As a community we have to commit to having great personal hygiene and social distancing practices. We ask everyone to do their part.
- Frequently and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, or use your inner elbow or sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you’re sick, and keep your children home if they are sick.
- Don’t shake hands. Instead, bump fists or elbows.
- When possible, increase distance between people to six feet to help reduce spread.
- Consider postponing whether to take a trip or attend public gatherings.
- Discourage children and teens from gathering in large groups and public places. (Small groups doing outdoor activities would be better.)
Pioneers is committed to following the CDC and CDPHE guidelines to take these extra precautions. Additionally, we feel these measures will help keep the Walbridge Wing Residents safer.
COVID-19 Billing & Insurance
For patients who are self-pay, there will be no cost to patient for COVID-19 testing. For additional information from insurance companies we have contracts with, please see the PDF link below: