To help our patients stay at home Pioneers has launched a new Telehealth service. This service is a video conferencing program that can be done on your cell phone, iPad or computer.
Why should you use telehealth?
- Telehealth can reduce your risk of getting sick by limiting your
exposure to others.
- Telehealth can help you get medical advice faster.
By using telehealth, you help keep hospital resources available for people who are seriously ill. You are also potentially limiting the spread of COVID-19 in your community.
The consultation can be used for a range of care options, such as non- respiratory illness or acute visits, Medication Refills, Disease Management, Behavioral Health, Workman’s Comp, and established OB visits.
It is simple to use and takes a few steps to get started:
- Call Meeker Family Health Center at 970-878-4014. You will make an appointment and your Medical Assistant will help you receive a link for you to use at your designated appointment time.
- At your appointment time
- Connect to the Check in link and verify information (demographics, insurance, co-pay)
- You will be placed in a “waiting room” and when the provider is ready you will receive a link to join the call.
Does my insurance cover telehealth visits? In Colorado, telehealth is covered by all insurance plans. To learn more, contact your insurance company directly. Telehealth visits cost the same as an in-person visit for Medicaid and Medicare patients.